Thursday, August 02, 2007

upload? scripts I've finished and working on....

Where are we supposed to upload scripts? I've written them for why islam, $25,000 weddings, and am working on Online spouse (which I was told was corrupted). I've just been sending them to the info email when finished. I downloaded the program to place the scripts as subtitles and sent the srt files as well for the first 2 above. Please read over and see if the script is ok for $25,000 weddings. Maybe we can have some permanant links for the sites that convert the you tube videos, the subtitling software and instructions for how to proceed (where to send/upload finished work). Maybe this has already been discused one or multiple times, but if it were permanant somewhere on the page people wouldn't have to go back and try to find the info in old posts. Thanks and salam alikum.

$25,000 Weddings
Salam alikum my dear respected brothers and sisters in Islam.The high cost of marriage is causing many young couples to wait several years before they can marry. We live in a society where the haram is easy while many of our parents make the halal hard. Now why you gotta make it hard?Many parents today expect extravagant weddings while they put their kids into nothing but debt.Did you know that the average cost of a wedding is $25,000 dollars?Not only that but....Wait! Did you say $25,000?!?Rewind the tape...... (garbled sound)(slow motion) twenty-five thousand dollars.That's what I thought you said. Wow, that's a lot of money!That's $6250 per hour, $104 per minute, $1.73 per second.$1.73 per second?Yes, by the time I finish this sentence, you have now paid $10!AHHHHHHHHH!Most of us are in our 20's when we're trying to get married. Barely getting out of school.Just starting our careers.Trying to pay off college expenses.And you want us to jump into this $25,000 hole?How's that for a marriage gift?This is for us?? Thank you. (reading) Congratulations you are in debt for $25,000. Thank you. (stop reading) What?!?JOKEJOKEBy the time I save up this money, I'll be in my 30's, and then society teaches us to wait, have fun when we get married and wait till we get a little bit older to have kids. What, am I supposed to wait till I'm 40 before I start having kids?By the time my kid is 10 years old, I'm 50! I'm an old man.Let's go play soccer grandpa!I'm not your grandpa, I'm your dad. Whatever happened to getting married when we're young?Protecting us from temptations?And back to the $25,000 thing, Where am I supposed to get $25,000 from?Hey bro, we're not even talking about the dowry yet, we're just talking about the wedding day.Here's a reality check for you. If the parents expect you to spend $25,000 on the wedding, imagine how much they're going to expect you to spend on the dowry. HAHAHAHA(spitting sound)But it's a special day and you're going to remember it for your entire life. First off, the whole wedding thing is not a day. It lasts only a few hours. Second, yah I'm going to remember this cause I'm going to be paying for it for the rest of my life. For those who have never attended one of those fancy weddings, let me break it down for you so I can tell you what you're missing. Imagine sitting alone at a table in a fancy hall, wondering where everyone is. Quickly learning that you're the last person to figure out that putting 6pm on the invitation really means 7pm.Getting dressed up in uncomfortable clothes, sitting in a huge hall and saying, wow this must be expensive. Getting free refills of soda, (Ahhh) eating fancy food, staring at the wedding program, saying Salam to the people you only see at weddings, funerals and Eid.Signing guest books. Playing with your napkin. Taking pictures with the bride and groom. Hear speeches by friends and family crying and saying goodbye.By the way, why do you say goodbye? They're not dying, they're just getting married. Watching his and her PowerPoint presentations. Once again, Who came up with this idea?Do you remember when you were a kid and your friends would come over? Your parents would take out your baby pictures and they would show it to them. And you would sit there and they would laugh at you. And you'd have to put on that fake smile.You know what smile I'm talking about.Imagine that, but times 10. This time, you're in a suit, sitting in the spotlight, on stage, at your wedding, and all those pictures that you thought you burned are now back, on the big screen, on a wall size projector, and everyone's looking at it and laughing. HAHAHAEveryone and their momma are laughing at you, and you can't do anything about it. But there is an alternative. Try this. Google the web to find inexpensive wedding invitations. Wow I can really save some money. How about having your wedding at the best location, The Masjid!You'll save a group of money, and what honor is better than getting married at Allah subhana wa taala's house?You can set the time between salah times if you want, let's say maghrib to Isha.That way, people get there on time. Can you imagine the reward of bringing 100 people to the masjid to pray 2 salats. That is what I'm talking about man!Contact your local halal restaurant and ask them for a deal. You know how they say..... Hook it up. So give me a good deal. eih... I love it I love it (kissing sound).And finally and most importantly, make doaa to subhana wa taala and make it pure intentions. Because if you do it only for the sake of subhana wa taala, your reward is with him. And if you do it for the people, your reward is with them. And if you don't do it for subhana wa taala, you're getting ripped off. RIPPED OFF!$25,000 ripped off. And even if you're trying to save money, you're still getting ripped off. Anyway, the whole thing shouldn't cost you more than a couple thousand dollars. So with all the money you saved, you and your wife canstart traveling, be debt free, maybe even have enough money to go to hajj, together!That's what I'm talking about. Start off your marriage on the right foot. Do you know what I'm saying?Do you know what I'm saying?This is Ali reminding you just in case you forgot!This is Ali reminding you just in case you forgot!Yeah!!

2 comments:

Yusuf Chowdhury said...

Asalam alaikum,

I agree with you sister, insha'Allah let me work on them and re-organize it sometime this week. If you have more ideas please share it with us. Jazake Allah.

word wings said...

Assalamualaikum,

JZK Julia!
I second you on the suggestions you have given. I am extactly facing the same problem!
I joined the blog a little bit late, and i am still stuggling to find all the needing steps and information on how to add the subtitles from the script and how to uploa them. It would be real helpful to find all this information in one consolidated place!


Meanwhile, if someone can help me with the current problem I am facing, it would be great :

I went ahead and added the subtitles to the video "$25k Muslim weddings" in the DivX subtitles software.

I can now see the subtitles appearing along with the video only in the "preview" mode.

I dont know how to make the subtitles play automatically when i start the video (*.avi file) and the next steps from there.

Can anyone please help me with this?

WaSalam,
Thahura