Friday, August 03, 2007

The Haram Police script. :)

The Haram Police


Have you ever come across people who find faults in everyone but themselves?

Who spend more time trying to correct others rather than themselves?

Instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt

they only assume the worst of you

They walk around trying to look for the haram.

I call them “The Haram Police”

What is happening here brother?

Who is this girl?

Harammm

Errr what are you talking about bro?

Don’t play the games with me brother. Don’t play the games.

What???

I said haram, haraMM , HARAMMM!

Okay, I think there’s a misunderstanding here. This is my sister.

Your sister in Islam is not the same as your blood sister brother. HARAMMMM

She IS my blood sister.

Oh.

What are you eating brother?

It’s a crispy treat.

Kereespee treat??? KEREESPEE treaTTT??? Haram, haraMM, HARRRAMMM!

It’s Halal bro.

Oh, halal kereespee treat?

Why look so angry bro? You know it’s sunnah to smile.

That’s your smile?

Errr, okay.

Isn’t it amazing how people spend so much time assuming the worst in others?

Once again, instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt,

they make accusations without evidence.

We should try and make as many excuses as possible before accusing of others of ill-doing.

Reminds me a story of two people meeting in fajr time.

One was returning from prayer

while the other was returning from a night of shameful activities.

Both of them look at each other, assuming that the other was spending the night as they themselves had.

Makes you think if we suspect I’ll of others,

maybe because that very illness is within ourselves.

The truly pious are the ones who see the best in everyone

while they consider themselves the worst.

because when you can see yourself the worst then you can't feel superior over anyone.

You see, we all see people doing something wrong at one point,

But the way you correct them makes a huge impact on the way they perceive you.

What’s sad is how some people tried to correct others by humiliating them.

Hey mann, what’s wrong with you? Don’t you know that’s haram? Hey guys, this guy has no idea what haram isss man.

Errr.. I didn’t know.

How could you not know man? How could you not know? Everyone knows man. What’s wrong with you?

I didn’t know. Did you know?

Yeahhh, of course.

You see when you make fun of someone or you tried to talk down upon them,

it doesn’t work.

Actually it could be a sign of arrogance. Allahua’lam.

Others, they like to get all emotional.

HARAMMM.

But is all this drama even necessary?

Reminds me of a story of a man who walked into a masjid and started urinating.

The companions of the Prophet SAW (pbuh) saw it and they were about to jump him.

But the Prophet SAW (pbuh) stopped them and told them to let him finish.

Once the man finished, He asked someone to wash the area with water and then he took the man to the side and told him that this is not the place for this.

The way He told him made a huge impact; made a huge difference.

SubhanAllah, the man later became a Muslim.

It’s a lesson from all of us but yet we tend to forget.

So, if you see someone doing something wrong, correct them but do it in a right way. Sometimes, it’s best to take them to the side and talk to them.

Finally, there’s those people on the internet who may have good intentions,

but they have no qualifications!

You know who I’m talking about.

Sometimes, those people who’re on the internet who thinks they’re scholars,

but they’are not scholars.

Actually, they have no qualifications but they do have access to the internet and a keyboard

So many times I see a question being posted in a forum regarding if something is haram or not,

Only to get one of these young kids to say, “in my opinion, I think it’s haram because I feel…”

“In my opinion, I feel”??? What?! Are you kidding me???

Where all your self proclaim internet scholars come from?

First of all, the rulings of Islam is not base on what you feel is haram or halal.

Second, copying and pasting a hadith and translating it to English from some unknown website; a hadith where noone has heard before is not enough for you to come up with the ruling.

Finally, one needs to be qualified to give a ruling.

You just don’t walk into a hospital and start practicing medicine.

Helloo, it looks like we got ourselves a broken leg over here. You mind if I take a quick look at this? Don’t worry I’m a professional.

Helloooo

My leg, I think the problem is with my leg.

What we’re going to do is usually they give you like medicine or medication but at this time I’m gonna prescribe some Persian Sush kebab.

Excuse me doctor, but what does a Persian food have to do with my leg?

It doesn’t really do much but it taste much better than medicine. So, here you go.

I…what does it have to do with my leg??

All this doctor stuff is making me hungry. You mind if I place an order? Does this work?

Are you even a doctor? Nurse! Nurse!
If you want to be a doctor, you go to school first to get your qualifications.

It’s the same thing when it comes to Islamic rulings; you have to have knowledge and to be qualified.

Otherwise, if you walk around the hospital giving people advice

you can actually do more harm than good.

Plus, your opinion doesn’t count.

Because you’re not a doctor!

It’s the same thing when it comes down to Islam.

Let me give you an example.

If you ever watch my videos, you’d have probably noticed that there’s a small gap between two my teeth.

I’m going to tell you a story of how that happened.

When I was a kid, a dentist pulled out my tooth thinking it was a baby tooth.

It wasn’t a baby tooth.

His careless mistake ended up making an impact on my life.

Alhamdullillah I’ve been fortunate enough to work on many successful projects.

And I realized that all this success is nothing more than a test for me.

So I keep his mistake as a reminder for myself

So I will remember that no matter how successful I become,

I have faults like everyone else.

And there’s always room for improvement.

And if I may ever were in a position where people are listening to me

then I should be careful speaking without knowledge.

Because my actions can impact someone else.

I’m not a scholar and nor am I going to pretend to be one.

But rather these videos are nothing more reminders

to remind everyone, starting with my self.

This is Ali reminding you just in case you forgot.

This is Ali reminding you just in case you forgot.

No comments: