Saturday, July 21, 2007

Assalamualaikum bro sis,
I'm sorry that apparently I've been so busy that I cannot finish the subtitling guide last month. And then I think it would be easier and far more simple for some people with no experience in this geeky stuff to just simply translate a synchronized subtitle file and then let someone else do the rest than learn to do everything from downloading to uploading the video to youtube.
So here is my proposal for translators that have difficulties in video subtitling but still have times to translate a subtitle file.
1. Download any of these shyncronized subtitle files :
http://revtechcorp.com/ummahfilmshowdoyouconverttoislam.srt
http://revtechcorp.com/ummahfilmsmuslimatwork.srt
http://revtechcorp.com/ummahfilmsmuslimjumah.srt
http://revtechcorp.com/ummahfilmsmuslimshalat.srt
2. Open them with your text editor
3. Change the text to any language
4. Send them back to me at wiendietry[at]gmail.com
5. I'll do the rest (process the file and upload the video to youtube)

Thx, and if you have other video synchronized filesubtitle script, pls share it.

Wassalam

Wiendietry

7 comments:

Yusuf Chowdhury said...

Asalam alaikum,

I love your idea, Jazaka Allah.

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaykum,

It's a great idea indeed.
Unfortunately, I could do the arabic translation but I'm realy slow in typing even with an arabic keyboard (which I don't have anyway).

Well, the good news is that I still can do some french translation. My first work (How I converted to islam) is already done and should be in your email right now :)

It's the first time I do this ever, so be indulgent and any comments are welcome.

Wa assalam.

amiras said...

Salam alaikom!

I also have no idea how to work with the subtitles, I am soooo sorry:(

I translated "Arrogant People" into German, in word format. So, if you can, you do the subtitles, bro; if not, you may help me and explain to me again how to do it? I'll send you the translation to the a.m. Email address.
Jazakallahu khayran.
Sister Amira S.

moemin05 said...

ooooooh that's so useful may Allaah SWT reward you!!

moemin05 said...

brother salah plz contact me 2 help on moemin05@gmail.com

lazhingan said...

The french version of vlog#10 is already uploaded, thx for the french subtitle script :)
Now I'm working on the German version of distraction during Shalat, thx to sister Amira for the subtitle script.
Insya Allah it will be finished by this night

g_landboy said...

Selam Brother wery good idea do you have any other episodes on this format it is very helpfull to translate, if u have send me pls at my mail
G.landboy@gmail.com

Wa assalam